How to Apply for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2022
Table of Contents Hide
- Overview of CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
- Benefits of CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
- How to Apply for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship?
- How to Login into the CH Muhammed Portal
- CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2022 Renewal
- CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship Documents
- How to CHeck the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship Result?
- How to Track Application Status
- CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2021 – FAQs
The CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship is administered by the Kerala state government’s Directorate of Minority Welfare (DMW). The scholarship is only open to girls from the Muslim, Latin, and converted Christian communities. The Kerala government provides financial assistance to female students pursuing higher education through the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship.
Candidates enrolled in the first year of a bachelor’s degree program at a government or government-aided institution are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Eligible female students can apply online at the Kerala minority welfare scholarship portal.
Overview of CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
The CH Muhammed Koya scholarship is named after C.H. Mohammed Koya, the former CHief minister of Kerala. The scholarship aims to motivate girls belonging to the minority community to pursue higher studies. The state government of Kerala will grant up to INR 13,000 per annum to the selected students. Candidates who could not apply in the first year of their baCHelor’s degree can apply in the succeeding years.
Eligibility Criteria for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship is available only to girl students from the minority category. The female students who are natives of Kerala and are in the first year of their bachelor’s degree can apply to the scholarship. The details of the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidates should be domiciles of Kerala.
- They should have enrolled in a government/ government-aided institution.
- The female candidates should belong to the Muslim, converted Christian or Latin community.
- They should be pursuing graduation or higher studies.
- They should have secured at least 50% marks in the previous qualifying examination.
- The family income should not exceed INR 8,00,000 per annum.
- Candidates who have enrolled in self-financing colleges through the merit seat or after attempting the common entrance exam are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- They should hold a bank account in a nationalized bank to receive the scholarship amount.
- The students applying for the hostel stipend should stay in a hostel recognized by the government.
Benefits of CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
The selected female students will receive the scholarship benefits every year. However, the candidates receiving the hostel stipend will not receive the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship amount.
The state government of Kerala will directly disburse the scholarship amount to the beneficiary’s bank account. Highlighted below are the details of the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship rewards:
- Undergraduate degree – INR 5,000
- Postgraduate degree – INR 6,000
- Professional Courses – INR 7,000
- Hostel stipend – INR 13,000
How to Apply for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship?
Female students who meet the eligibility requirements can apply online at the DMW website. Candidates submitting their first application should register to obtain the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship student login credentials. Those who want to renew their scholarship can skip the registration process and simply enter their login information.
The CH Muhammed Koya scholarship application and renewal processes are similar. Candidates can use the links below to learn more about the application or CH Muhammed Koya scholarship renewal process:
Step 1: The candidates should visit the official Department of Minority Welfare (DMW) website.
Step 2: Next, they should click on the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship link.
Step 3: The applicants should now click on the apply now button available on the right side of the screen.
Step 4: The first-time users should fill in the registration form.
Step 5: After filling in the scholarship form, the candidates should click on the submit button to complete the registration process.
Step 6: Upon registration, the candidates will receive a registration ID and password.
Step 7: The candidates will obtain the scholarship student login credentials by providing their registration ID, date of birth, and password.
Step 8: Fill in the scholarship application form with the correct details.
Step 9: The candidates should duly fill in the form, upload the required documents and submit them to complete the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship application process.
Step 10: Lastly, the candidates should take a print-out of the registration form and submit it along with a copy of the documents to the verifying officer at their institution.
How to Login into the CH Muhammed Portal
The following are the Login processes for the students into the Kerala Minority Welfare scholarships portal.
- Visit the official website of DMW of Kerala.
- On the web homepage, select the “scholarship ” option.
- Now click on the “Candidate Login” option.
- After that, a new login form will open
- Enter the login details like username and password.
- At last, click on the “Login” option.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2022 Renewal
Under this, we have given all the steps for the application renewal process, you can apply for the renewal of the scholarship application after the completion of one year.
- Visit the official website.
- Now click on the option of ‘Scholarship’ available on the web homepage.
- After that, select the option of ‘CH Muhammed Koya scholarship ’.
- Click on the option of “Renewal Application”.
- Then, the renewal application form will appear in front of you.
- Here enter all the details that are asked in the form.
- After entering the details attach all your important documents.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” tab.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship Documents
The candidates should submit the required documents online and offline while applying for the scholarship. They should ensure the documents contain factual information to avoid rejections. Listed below are the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship documents required at the time of application:
- Domicile certificate
- Caste certificate
- Aadhaar card
- SSLC mark sheet (or equivalent exam)
- Income certificate of the candidate’s family
- Bank details of a nationalized bank consisting of the bank account number and IFSC code
How to CHeck the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship Result?
The applicants can CHeck the results of the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship online through the official DMW website. The department of minority welfare will publish the results in November or December. However, the timeline is tentative, and the providers can CHange it at their discretion. The stepwise procedure to CHeck the results of the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship are as follows:
Step 1: The candidates should visit the official department of minority welfare website.
Step 2: They should click on the awarded students list button under the home section available on the left side of the screen.
Step 3: The candidates should select the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship from the dropdown menu.
Step 4: Similarly, they should select the details of the state, district, institution type, name of college/ institution from the dropdown menu.
Step 5: Now, the candidates can view the list of the selected students on the screen.
How to Track Application Status
The students can view the status of the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship online. The Department of Minority Welfare (DMW), under the Kerala government, will update the application status on the DMW website. The female applicants can track the application status by providing their registered names. Given below are the stepwise process to track the application status of the scholarship :
Step 1: The candidates should visit the official DMW website.
Step 2: Next, they should click on the registered students’ status on the left side of the screen.
Step 3: The candidates should fill in details by selecting from the dropdown menu.
Step 4: Now, they can view the list of the selected students and their application status.
CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2021 – FAQs
Candidates might have several queries regarding the CH Muhammad Koya scholarship scheme. Space below mentions some of the frequently asked questions related to CHMS to help candidates in resolving some common doubts
- What is the mode of release of the scholarship form?
The directorate of Minority Welfare releases the application form for the scholarship online at the official scholarship portal. No other mode is available for filling out the scholarship form or applying for the renewal.
- What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship?
Female candidates of Kerala belonging to minority communities including Muslim, Latin Catholic or Converted Christian are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- What is the selection process for the scholarship?
The directorate of Minority Welfare will select the candidates for the scholarship based on the verification of applications by the project officer. Candidates having a lower family income are preferred.
- What is the scholarship award scheme?
Scholars under the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship (CHMS) program get financial assistance of up to Rs. 13,000 annually. The amount of scholarship varies upon the level of the course.
- What is the mode for disbursement of the scholarship amount under the scholarship scheme?
Selected candidates for the scholarship will receive the requisite amount via an electronic transfer to the bank account in the name of the candidate itself.
Is the financial load of your education getting too much? Well, now you need not worry! If you are a woman coming from a Muslim minority community and need financial aid to study, then this scholarship is there to your rescue.
Was this post helpful? Be sure to leave a comment below and share this post with your friends.