Table of Contents Hide
- OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – National Fellowship for OBC
- OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – Central Sector Scheme for National Overseas
- OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – Pre-Matric OBC Scholarships
- OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – Post-Matric Scholarship
- OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – Merit Scholarship for OBC
- OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – ONGC scholarship
- OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – SC Scholarship
- SC ST OBC Scholarship – ST Scholarship
- Oasis Scholarship 2022
Scholarships are an excellent way to pay for college and higher education without feeling the full burden of financial constraints. The OBC/SC/ST Scholarship for 2022 is given to students/professionals from the OBC category who are financially challenged and want to pursue a quality education. The government has disbursed OBC scholarships worth approximately INR 850 crores for the benefit of the economically disadvantaged sections of the country, and lakhs of students have been able to benefit from these scholarships.
These scholarships are given to OBC students based on merit and financial need. National Fellowship for OBC, Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas, ONGC Scholarships, Pre-matric & Post-matric OBC Scholarships, and Merit Scholarships for OBC, Delhi are the six types of OBC scholarships available to students.
This article covers every important detail about these OBC, SC, ST, and Oasis scholarships, including the application period, eligibility criteria, application process, awards, and more.
OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – National Fellowship for OBC
The National Fellowship for OBC is an initiative of the Government of India’s Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to financially assist OBC students in pursuing higher education leading to degrees such as M.Phil. and Ph.D.
The government offers 300 scholarships for Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) and Senior Research Fellows (SRFs), and the program is open to all universities recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). JRF students can receive the fellowship for two years, and if their research work progresses, they can continue as SRF for an additional three years.
The scheme also applies to PwD students who fall into the OBC category (they get 3 percent reservation out of 300 slots). The selected students also receive benefits such as HRA and medical insurance and leave apart from the scholarship stipend.
The following are requirements for enrolling in the National Fellowship for OBC;
- The candidates are from the OBC community and have an annual family income of INR 6 lakh.
- They must have completed their postgraduate studies and wish to pursue full-time research without the JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a regular, full-time M.Phil./Ph.D. program in Science, Humanities, Social Science, or Engineering & Technology at universities/colleges/institutions recognized by the UGC, State/Central Government, or institutes of national importance.
- The candidates need to visit the official website of UGC and check the link to apply for the fellowship.
- Candidates need to fill in their personal information and contact details.
- Candidates need to fill in the details of postgraduate qualifications, research topics, institute details, supervisor & scholarship details, etc.
The selection of the candidates is based on merit-cum-means basis. UGC has its mechanism for verifying the genuineness of the OBC candidates to give the scholarship to the deserving candidates.
OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – Central Sector Scheme for National Overseas
This program is designed for OBC students and professionals who want to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. at a foreign university. Engineering, Management, Agricultural Science, and Medicine are all eligible fields of study under this scheme. Female applicants receive 30% of the scholarships, and 25 scholarships are awarded per subject per year.
Ph.D. candidates are given a four-year fellowship, while master’s candidates are given a three-year fellowship. Aside from the scholarship prize, the scholars receive other benefits such as incidental travel allowance, visa fees, poll tax, medical insurance, airfare, local travel allowance, and other benefits. The application can be obtained from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
Engineering, management, agricultural science, and medicine have seven, six, six, and six scholarships, respectively. Candidates receive a yearly maintenance allowance of $15,400.
The candidates who have secured 60% marks in their previous course are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Applicants must be below the age of 35 years and their annual income should not exceed INR 3 Lakh per annum.
Those interested in applying for the Central Sector Scheme for National Overseas would have to follow the following procedures:
- The candidates can obtain the application from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- Fill out the form and attach the required documents and send it back to the Ministry.
- Employed candidates need to send the application through their employer and also submit the latest tax assessment and monthly salary slip form.
- The students who have already got admission to the foreign institution will be preferred. The candidates will be selected by the selection committee formed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – Pre-Matric OBC Scholarships
Pre-matric OBC scholarships encourage OBC students in government schools or recognized private schools to pursue an education without financial constraints. This scholarship provides students with a monthly stipend of up to INR 500 as well as an ad hoc grant of INR 500 per year. The Central Government will also contribute 50% to this scheme.
Students who have a family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh per year are eligible for the scholarship. The annual family income limit for applicants in Delhi is INR 44,500 per year (for even more financially weaker students).
Schools will have to submit the application form on behalf of students on the respective state portal before the deadline.
OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – Post-Matric Scholarship
The post-matric scholarship’s goal is to provide financial aid to students in the post-matric or post-secondary stages of their education so that they can complete their studies. This is a federally funded program that is being implemented by state governments and union territories.
Non-refundable fees (for tuition, games, union, library, and so on), as well as fees for study tours and thesis typing, are paid to the scholars. Competing authorities in that state give scholarships to OBC candidates from one state who are attending a study in another state. The government has spent over INR 720 crores on this scholarship, which has been awarded to lakhs of students.
OBC students in the state where they are permanently settled are eligible for the scholarships.
On the relevant state portal, applicants can fill out both online and offline applications.
Applicants must attach papers such as a passport-size photo, a copy of certificates, diplomas, and degrees, original caste certificates, and income declaration certificates to the application form following the State Government’s requirements.
OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – Merit Scholarship for OBC
The Delhi Department of SC/ST/OBC/Minorities Welfare gives merit-based scholarships to OBC students in grades 6 through 12 as well as professionals in universities and technical schools. Technical students can receive up to INR 1,620 per month, while other OBC students can receive up to INR 4,500 per year.
There are three types of scholarships: pre-matric, post-matric, and merit-cum-means. In this section, we’ll look at the merit-cum-means category for OBC pupils.
The Merit Scholarship is available to OBC students in grades 6 to 12 who have achieved a grade point average of 55 percent or higher.
Other requirements include;
- The annual family income should not exceed INR 2 Lakh per annum.
- Professionals in technical institutes or colleges need 60% marks in Class 12th or equivalent.
- The OBC students in technical or professional institutes are not eligible for the merit-cum-means scholarship.
- Applicants must go to the Delhi government portal website and fill out the application form online.
- Caste certificate, income certificate, a copy of bank passbook, fee receipt for the academic year, Aadhar card, and passport size photo must all be provided to the application.
- The application form cannot be submitted offline.
OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – ONGC scholarship
Oil and Gas Corporate Limited (ONGC) offers 1000 scholarships to OBC and economically backward general students who are in their first year of graduation or post-graduation course. The students are awarded a maintenance allowance of INR 4,000 per month.
- Eligible students should be pursuing 1st year in Engineering, Geophysics, MBA, and MBSS.
- The candidates should have secured 60% marks in class 12th
- The annual family income of the candidates should be less than INR 2 Lakh per annum
- The students who are pursuing the above courses which are recognized by AICTE
- The age limit is 30 years
The application can be found online on the website of ONGC.
The applicants need to register and fill out the form and attach the required documents such as caste certificate, income certificate, mark sheet of qualifying certificate, Aadhar card, PAN card, CGPA to percentage conversion certificate, ECS mandatory form duly filled by the bank.
The form can only be submitted online.
Qualified students are selected based on the merit in the qualifying examination prescribed according to each course of the study mentioned above.
There is also a special preference for students from families below the poverty line.
OBC/SC/ST Scholarship – SC Scholarship
SC scholarships are awarded to students from the Scheduled Caste (SC) community to help them pursue their higher education without financial restraints. The Government of India’s Department of Social Welfare and Empowerment, as well as its state-level counterparts, offer several SC scholarships. Its scholarship program comprises the following:
- Post-Matric SC Scholarship:
It is a centrally sponsored scheme implemented under state governments. The scheme provides financial assistance to Scheduled Caste students at the post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their studies.
- Pre-Matric SC Scholarship:
It is being implemented by the state government or union territories (UT). The objective is to financially support the students of classes IX and X and reduce the student dropouts at the higher level of studies. The students should apply via the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) or respective state portals for the post or pre-matric SC scholarship.
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students:
For SC students, the scheme is supported by the Ministry of Social Justice and the Empowerment of the Government of India. Each year, 1,500 scholarships are awarded to SC students. The fellowships are only available to SC students who have completed Class 12. Students can apply for scholarships online through the National Scholarship Portal.
- National Overseas Scholarship for SC Students:
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India offers the National Overseas Scholarship for supporting SC students/professionals who are financially constrained to be able to study abroad. The government issues 100 scholarships out of which 30% are allotted to female applicants. The applicants need to download an application form and submit it offline at the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment website.
SC ST OBC Scholarship – ST Scholarship
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, awards ST Scholarships to students belonging to the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category. The ST scholarship’s goal is to provide financial aid to these kids for them to complete their studies at both the high school and college levels. Pre-matric Scholarships, Post-matric Scholarships, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowships, and Overseas Scholarships are among the most popular ST scholarships.
The programs include;
- National Overseas Scholarship for ST Students:
Students pursuing higher education at the Masters, Ph.D., or Postdoctoral level research programs abroad can apply for a national foreign scholarship. ST students are eligible for 20 scholarships, with female applicants receiving 30% of the total number of scholarships. Candidates must fill out the necessary form available on the Ministry of Tribal Affairs’ web portal.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students:
Pre-matric ST scholarships will assist students in grades I through X in advancing to the post-matric stage of education and excelling in their studies. This will benefit financially disadvantaged students while also lowering dropout rates at this time. This scholarship will be awarded to the students by the state government in which they are domiciled.
- ST Students’ Post-Matric Scholarship:
The state governments are in charge of implementing this ST scholarship, which is funded centrally. Students seeking post-secondary education can profit from this program. Pre-matriculated and post-matriculated students must apply online through the national scholarship portal website.
- National Fellowship for ST Students:
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, funds the National Fellowship scheme. ST students completing normal and full-time MPhil and Ph.D. studies in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering, and Technology are eligible for the program. This fellowship has a total of 750 spots available. The applicant must apply for a scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal.
Oasis Scholarship 2022
The Oasis Scholarship is a pre-matric and post-matric scholarship scheme initiated by the Government of West Bengal for reserved category students.
There are mainly 4 categories under the Oasis scholarship 2022 which include the pre-matric scholarship for SC students, pre-matric scholarship for ST students, post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students, and the post-matric scholarship for OBC students.
The criteria for eligibility differ for each category.
For the pre-matric scholarship for SC students, one must be a student of classes 9 and 10 and belong to the SC category. The income of the family/guardian should not exceed 2 Lakh INR per year from all the sources.
For the pre-matric scholarship for ST students, students in the 9th and 10th classes can apply for it. The annual income of the family or guardian should not exceed INR 2 Lakh from all the sources of income.
For the post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students, the student must be studying at a post-secondary or post-matriculation level and belong to the SC / ST category. The annual income of parents or guardians should not exceed 2.5 INR Lakh from all the sources of income.
For the post-matric scholarship for OBC students, the student must be studying at the post-secondary level and belong to the OBC category. The annual income of the family or the guardian from all the sources should not exceed INR 1 Lakh.
How To Apply For Oasis Scholarship 2022
The following steps below highlight how to apply for the Oasis scholarship in 2022.
- Visit the official website of the Oasis Scholarship Scheme.
- After that Click on the link Students Registration.
- Then, select your location that is a district of West Bengal from the given options over there.
- Fill in all the information like student’s name, student’s father name, student’s gender, student’s type of scholarship, student’s caste certificate no. etc.
- Upload all the required documents and click on the Submit button and save the login credentials for future use.
Steps To Renew Oasis Scholarship 2022
Applicants can renew the scholarship using their login details i.e. username and password. The renewal process is the same as the application procedure. You can follow the steps below:
- Go to the website of the Oasis scholarship.
- Click on the link to Renew Scholarship.
- Enter the Login Id and the Password and enter the given Captcha, and then click on the Login button.
- Now Here, you will see last year’s application form. You can modify it as per your necessity. You have to click on the renew Application link.
- Now, after making all changes needed, click the link of Renew and Lock Application. Don’t forget that, you cannot make changes after locking that application. So, do check all the information carefully before locking it.
- At last, do all that attach the required documents and click on the Submit button and that’s it.