United Kingdom Scholarships for Nigerian Students in 2022-2023
Table of Contents Hide
- University of Brunel Scholarships for Students in Nigeria, Kenya, and Egypt
- University of Dundee Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarship for Nigerian Students
- University of Cambridge Africa Regional Bursary in the UK
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship For International Students
- Nigeria Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarships 2022
The UK is one of the world nations that support world education with financial aid to students. The Commonwealth, Erasmus Mundus, government, and Universities are involved in the empowerment of various developing countries of the world by creating scholarships for Nigerian students. Nigeria is a major beneficiary in every package released by the UK.
This article highlights some of the top scholarships available for Nigerian students.
University of Brunel Scholarships for Students in Nigeria, Kenya, and Egypt
The University of Brunel’s Country-specific scholarship program is available to international applicants in any undergraduate, postgraduate, or Ph.D. program. The program is available to students from Nigeria, Kenya, and Egypt.
To be considered for the Country Specific Scholarships an applicant must:
- Have been assessed by Brunel University London as an international student for fees purposes.
- Have an offer to study full-time on an undergraduate, postgraduate taught, or a postgraduate research program of study starting in September 2017 only.
- Must currently reside or have permanent residence in the country/region they are being considered for or be a national of the country/region they are being considered for.
- Satisfy the entry criteria for admission to their chosen program of study.
This scholarship program is not open to current Brunel students enrolled in a full-time or part-time undergraduate or postgraduate program. Students enrolled in London Brunel International College (LBIC) programs and distance learning versions of courses, as well as the [email protected], Pre-sessional English, and Intensive Foundation or Pre-Masters courses offered by the International Pathways and Language Centre (IPLC).
This scholarship is not available to those who have previously received a Brunel International Scholarship, either as part of their current or previous studies or to those who are awarded the Brunel International Scholarship.
By accepting a scholarship, you agree to become a University Student Ambassador. During your first few weeks at the University, you will be welcomed at a Scholar’s Reception and may be asked to:
- Take part in photoshoots and filming events organized by the International Recruitment or Marketing team (maximum of three).
- Write a profile of yourself (250 words) that should include some or all of the following points – Why you chose Brunel – Your life at the university – How your course at Brunel will contribute to your career.
- Help support Brunel’s social media activity aimed at engaging potential and current international students.
- Give feedback and advice on how to apply for a Brunel international scholarship for future applicants, as required.
- Meet guests from overseas universities or embassies.
- Other activities by request include hosting tours of the campus, helping at Open Days, and participating in other marketing activities.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the International Recruitment or Marketing team as and when your participation would be appreciated.
Selection Criteria and Process
- Scholarship awards are decided by the International Scholarship Panel and all decisions are final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the Panel.
- Candidates will be considered based on their academic merit and personal statement.
- Scholarships are awarded for the September entry of the academic year 2022/23 and will not be deferred to later months or years of entry. Course applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies.
- All applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision by the middle of July 2022 for applicants starting in September.
Value of Scholarship: For these countries above, 6 Scholarships are available, with a value of £5000 or £7,500 tuition fee waiver in year one only.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year only
How to Apply: Applicants starting the course in September 2017 must submit an online scholarship application via the student portal eVision by 11.59 pm (GMT) on 31 May 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
The application will include a 500-word essay describing why the applicant has applied to Brunel and why they would make a good ambassador for the course and University.
University of Dundee Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarship for Nigerian Students
The University of Dundee in Scotland is inviting applications for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian students. The scholarships for Nigerian students are open to undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. students.
Fields of Study: Civil Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, Geography / Environmental Science, Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Possession of O/level with Credit in the English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience;
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate;
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO); and
- Employment in the academics in reputable Nigerian institutions, teaching oil and gas related disciplines;
- A minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a minimum of merit as a second-degree certificate in an oil and gas-related discipline;
- Submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology relevance to the industry, and mode of data collection;
- Possess a valid admission letter; and
- Must not be over 40 years of age
Visit the University of Dundee Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarship webpage for details on how to apply
University of Cambridge Africa Regional Bursary in the UK
The University of Cambridge is delighted to offer a Bursary to African students to pursue MBA programs. A bursary worth up to £18,000 will be awarded to a successful African candidate. The School believes that Africa will be an increasingly important region, both economically and politically, and is committed to developing the African talent pool. Let’s dive into the full details:
University of Cambridge Africa Regional Bursary is targeted at Students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome, and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, and Zimbabwe).
Award No: A bursary will be offered.
Scholarship covers: Cambridge Judge Business School will offer a bursary worth up to £18,000 for a successful African candidate for the Cambridge MBA program.
Cambridge Judge Business School will offer a bursary worth up to £18,000 for a successful African candidate for the Cambridge MBA program. The School believes that Africa will be an increasingly important region, both economically and politically, and is committed to developing the African talent pool.
The university is offering a bursary of up to £18,000 for a successful African candidate for the Cambridge MBA.
- The applicant must be an African national.
- Candidates need to have accepted an offer of admission from the Cambridge MBA program.
Scholarship Application Method
Any candidate who is offered a place in the Cambridge MBA and who is an African national will automatically be considered for this scholarship, so no action needs to be taken on your part.
- Candidates should apply for admission to the Cambridge MBA in the normal way.
- Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship For International Students
If you are seeking a grant-in-aid for students, the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship at Robert Gordon University got you covered. The scholarship will take care of your tuition and is available in all fields of study.
Robert Gordon University, commonly referred to as RGU, is a public university in the city of Aberdeen, Scotland. Robert Gordon University is one of the top UK universities for postgraduate employability.
The University focuses on delivering education that prepares students for the professional world. Robert Gordon University has an international reputation for providing high-quality education right from undergraduate to postgraduate and Ph.D. level, alongside high-quality courses to support continuing professional and personal development.
The scholarship is available for an undergraduate degree. The scholarship is awarded in the subjects offered by the University. The scholarship will cover the full tuition fee for the first year of study.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Must have received an offer and selected RGU as their firm choice for any full-time undergraduate program.
- Hold or expect to achieve three A-levels at grade A (or equivalent qualifications).
- Be classed by the University as an international fee payer for tuition fee payment.
- Must be a self-funded student.
How to Apply for Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students 2022
- Applicants can apply via email.
- Applicants must submit a scholarship application form, including a 500 words statement of support. The Scholarship Panel would expect applicants to highlight why they should be considered for the award.
- Download and complete the application form: Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship Application Form.
- Send your completed application form to this mail.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a telephone or Skype interview.
Nigeria Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarships 2022
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 4 scholarships of £5,000 for Nigerian domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate program at the University starting September 2022. These are joint awards with our local representatives who are listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), and UKEAS.
The scholarship for Nigerian students will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham program in the 2022/23 academic year. The scholarship awards are for £5,000 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full-time undergraduate degree program at the University starting September 2022.
Please note that students already registered and studying in a program at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time undergraduate program starting September 2022. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate program based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the program.
- Be classed as Nigerian national or domiciled/ resident.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2022 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), and UKEAS.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship application deadline and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by this scholarship deadline of 31 May 2022.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline of 31 May 2022. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required.
Decisions will be announced in mid-July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2022.
Find out more about UK Scholarships for Nigerian students below;
Was this post helpful? Be sure to leave a comment below and share this post with your friends.