Södertörn University Doctoral Studentship in Environmental Science, Sweden 2022
Table of Contents Hide
International students are welcome to apply for the Södertörn University Doctoral Studentship in Environmental Science, Sweden 2022. The scholarship covers Ph.D. programs at Södertörn University in the discipline of Environmental Science. The scholarship application date is February 14, 2022.
Södertörn University Doctoral Studentship in Environmental Science, Sweden 2022 is available to undertake PhD level programs at Södertörn University.
Following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Environmental Science
The selected candidates are entitled to receive admission to third-cycle education, i.e. research level, and employment on a doctoral studentship from the university.
The general entry requirements are:
- a second-cycle/Master’s level qualification,
- fulfillment of the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 credits are awarded at second-cycle/Master’s level, or
- the acquisition of substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
The Faculty Board may permit an exemption from the general entry requirements for an individual applicant if there are special grounds (Ordinance 2010:1064).
The specific entry requirements are:
A qualifying applicant has the equivalent of 90 credits in Environmental Science or a comparable discipline (e.g. Biology/Ecology, Earth Science) that is important to the Environment research issue, including a degree project worth at least 15 credits at the second-cycle level. The doctoral thesis topic must be clearly connected to the Environment research issue and the specialization in climate and environmental change, as outlined in the research plan.
When applying, please use Södertörns University’s web-based recruitment system ReachMee, or follow the link “ANSÖK” (APPLY)
An application must include:
- An application letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Degree certificates and proof that the entry requirements are fulfilled
- Bachelor’s essay and Master’s dissertation in the field in accordance with the entry requirements
- A research plan consisting of no more than two pages. The plan should identify and justify the relevance of a research problem that the applicant proposes to address as part of their doctoral studentship. It must have a specific bearing on the Environment research theme and the specialization in climate and environmental change. The research plan should clearly state the research aims and question(s), and outline the relevant and methodological approaches.
- Two references, with contact details
- A maximum of three publications may be appended
Incomplete applications will not be processed.